Saturday, September 19, 2009

Trees in Vancouver

Trees in Vancouver are natural beauties to me. They are much healthier and stronger than those in Hong Kong because they are spaced out wide enough for growth and the air is not polluted.

The climate in Vancouver is mild, warmer than other cities in Canada and influenced by the Pacific Ocean. Many varieties of trees adapt to it. The drizzle and sunny periods nurture the trees in every way.




















What I saw along the streets are trees of different characters and shapes. Their colours vary from different greens to orange, to red and brown. Some look simple in structure, but some complicated.

Along the streets, the trees are spaced out at regular intervals for growth and development.

The photos show some of the trees I saw recently in Vancouver.

2 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Beautiful trees in a beautiful city! The nature never ceases to amaze us. In the coming months we think you will have lots of time enjoying the awesome changing colours of Autumn. 醉人美景,珍惜珍惜!

小熊貓 Little Panda said...

Indeed, each type of maple trees has its own colour pattern: Throughout Canada, you can find several kinds of maple tree including Bigleaf Maple, Black Maple, Douglas Maple, Hedge Maple, Manitoba Maple, Mountain Maple, Norway Maple, Red Maple, Silver Maple, Striped Maple, Sugar Maple, Vine Maple.
They nicely give the environment an artistic touch throughout late summer and autumn. I cannot remember seeing a lot of maple trees in Vancouver, but when I was living in Kingston and Guelph, I used to see a wide scene of maple trees.