Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Ferries sailing at Seattle

When we were waiting for Connie who would like to purchase a cup of chocolate from the first-born Starbucks, I suddenly caught sight of a ferry that was sailing in the harbour. I crossed the street to take a photo of this ferry in a distant land.

To me this three-decker ferry looked much longer than those Hong Kog Yaumati Vehicular ferries in the old days.


In the evening when dining at Ivar’s Acres of Clam, through its windows, I saw the same ferries at Washington State Ferry Terminal, Pier 52,. There were two routes: one to Bainbridge Island and another to Bremerton. These ferries were special because they carried vehicles on two lower decks and passengers on the top deck.


I wonder how much the fares were to the westward island and peninsula.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

A nice ferry in a beautiful harbour.