The “attraction” of this advertisement comes from the “tongue” of the beautiful girl. There is a British flag at her tongue. It means to me that this girl is able to speak English. I suppose it will be absolutely interesting to see people with such indications on their tongues. When they showed their tongues, we at once know what language we should use to speak to them. Abby is going to learn more Cantonese as well as English in Canada. Later on when she returns to Hong Kong, I do expect her to speak a lot of “understandable” words or “complete” sentences. Maybe she will speak to me some strange words which I have never heard before. She may have learned some interesting customs which Canadians usually do and show them to me.
I was glad that when we arrived at Australia last time, my niece gave me and wife some advice and told us their customs:
Let us see what she said:
Now that you're in Australia, here are the things I think you need do...
1. Drink tap water (unboiled and unfiltered).
2. Walk around with no shoes on.
3. Eat pizza (because it's very cheap)
4. Eat a soft serve cone from Maccas (same reason)
5. Call McDonald's 'Maccas'
6. Wash dishes without rinsing the detergent off.
7. Continue to mix only with Chinese people and not have Anglo friends.
8. Go to a garage sale on Saturday morning.
Next from my nephew:
and say” G’day Mite!!!!” to every Aussie u see!
I must start to learn something about Canada from now on - its culture, history, customs as well as language, if possible.
1 comment:
You have such good memory, or did you write down the advice?
Post a Comment