
The first “Gold” came from Women’s Wind-surfing. YIN Jian (殷劍) won the Gold.
“After all these years of hardship, my body has taken a big toll on itself,” said the 30-year-old Gold medalist, who also won silver at Athens 2004. “I have muscular strains in my waist, shoulders, legs and feet. Every night I have to go through acupuncture and massage therapy.”
“I have great respect for Sensini, because after all these years she can still be competitive.”
“I can go proudly back to my hometown and tell my people that I have not let them down.”
The second “Gold” came from Women’s Taekwondo (跆拳道) 49 kg class. WU Jingyu (吳靜鈺) snatched the Gold. She looked timid and her build was slim. One never believed she would win. Her skill brought her victory.
From my observation, the athletes in the Game usually jumped about and were ready to “kick”
their legs at their opponents.



1 comment:
We respect people trying so hard, even to the extreme of their abilities, for their dreams, their countries or their people. Congratulations to those who succeed.
Olympic Gold is very precious indeed. But when we think more deeply, it is not as important as things that we may have taken for granted, like life, love and relationship which our Heavenly Father has lovingly given us to enjoy. Most of us do not even bother to get to know Him, not to say to live for Him.
Post a Comment