HKTVB最近介紹飲食的節目值得一讚。我並不是食家,也不是烹調專家,這裡無資格批評食物的好劣。
從一個電視觀眾的角度去觀看節目而言,這個『蔡瀾歎名菜』的節目非常有資訊性和教育性。
以前我家上下大小叫食物吃,從來不會思索牠們/它們被宰/收割之前活生生的樣子,只知道一些『總稱』而已,例如:蝦糕炒通菜牛肉.
當那碟『蝦糕炒通菜牛肉』被送到枱上的時候,那管得它們是從那裏來的?蝦糕是怎樣製造的? 通菜是那些品種?牛肉是從那個國家入口的?
今次在電視上,我有機會見到這碟『紅燜槐豬』原本的槐豬是怎麼樣子的!不看不知, 槐豬的毛竟然是黑色的。以往幼稚園老師時常印上黑豬在小朋友的手冊上,藉以告訴家長這小朋友極不清潔。
6 comments:
dad, you made us hungry!! Philip said he would love to have mom to cook the "nam yui" pork for us!
嘩,原來除了白皮豬,還有黑皮豬。
Mom said, "Not a problem to me."
我想:還有乳豬燒烤而成的紅皮豬!
I am a meat eater. Honestly I do like roast suckling pig very much, because that is really tasty.
BUT I don't think its a good idea to show the live pigs in the same program that introduces the delicious dish of pork.
For one, the place that pigs usually live can be so dirty and smelly that it will certainly make you throw up... (if the program producers are careful to show you the real scenes, that is.)
What's worse... if they really show you how they turn these cute little creatures into the food right in front of you, you will certainly lose all your appetite for it.
I suggest the following link:
http://www.goveg.com/factoryFarming_pigs_trans.asp
Well, as a meat eater, I always try to dissociate the food from the live animal that turns into this food.
Hiding my head in the sand...
Felix, you are right. The slaughtering scenes and the squealing sounds of pain are really horrifying. Even I do not accept them in TV.
I have read the materials on the web-page you suggested and learn that pigs are really lovely animals, but we mankind are cruel to them.
Post a Comment