Friday, January 23, 2009

Gifts from Japan

Dik and Daisy are so generous to buy us a box of chocolates, produced by Morozoff, a company which has been established since 1931. Thanks, Dik and Daisy.

The nine chocolates are placed inside of a round paper box, tied up with ribbons and beautiful roses. I love the shapes of chocolates – flowers, a heart, a layered cake, one with a paste which looks like wasabi,….. The sweetest is, of course, the one which bears “For Someone Special”. Am I so special?

My elder brother and sister-in-law are equally generous in giving me some interesting cow biscuits. They are packed nicely inside a translucent box with a sticker of a cow outside. When I say “cow biscuits”, I do not mean that they are for cows to eat.
The sticker mentions two things:
[1] Cows sable – something to do with colour or name of cows, maybe.
[2] Farm Designs – a farm display of cows.

I have opened the box of biscuits and arranged those lively cows and the green grass (made of paper) to a dairy-farm display. Each cow biscuit is wrapped in a transparent packet. It is really difficult for me to put these “cows” upright with their “two” legs, not “four”. Anyway, I make the display right on one of my bay-window platforms at home. Do you like the display of this farm?

My dear brother and sister-in-law also bought me from Japan a packet of candies which I have not yet opened. Let it be a “secret” for some days until Chinese New Year Day 1. Thanks, KS and LH.

Happy Chinese New Year to KS, LH, Dik, Daisy, Lit and Viv!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Uncle 3, you are welcome!

Wish you, Auntie, Tony, Connie and Philip Happy Chinese New Year and 身體健康!!!

Dik, Daisy and Hayley

sswat3 said...

You miss mentioning Little Abby. I guess she is happy to hear from you too!

WAT'S MAZE said...

Dear brother, glad to know that you have some fun arranging the cow biscuits into such an interesting farm. Hope you'll find the sweets equally entertaining!

WAT'S MAZE said...

You miss mentioning Little Hayley yourself in the blog! hahaha!

Unknown said...

Yes, Happy Chinese New Year, 身體健康 to Abby and the little one (her bro/sis)!!!

sswat3 said...

We are equal now, Dik. I miss mentioning your lovely daughter, Hayley.

Hayley, Hayley,........, Happy Chinese New year!

I hope she will not use her "five" to hit me!