Friday, January 02, 2009

Sydney celebrating New Year 2009

It was great delight to watch Sydney celebrating New Year 2009, 3 hours earlier than we did in Hong Kong.

Nowhere else is a better place than Sydney Harbour with fireworks blasting off over its sky. People all over the world often eye on this harbour with its famous Harbour Bridge and Opera House.

Let us look at the aerial view of this beautiful harbour on New Year Eve. The top photo could explain its beauty.

1. The Sydney Harbour Bridge is obviously the centre of the interest (in the middle of the photo). It sent out fireworks from its arch and let go a waterfall of golden sparkling fireworks into the sea.

2. The left hand side is the Rocks, the peninsula with its piers on two of its sides.

3. Lower down, we can see the Opera House with its outstanding shape of slices of an orange.

4. On the southern end of the Sydney Bridge is lit with a golden strip. I guess it is the “Golden Road” to the Airport.

5. The purple balls of fireworks in the lower right corner are round and rugged like those pufferfishes (雞泡魚) which has swollen up their bodies with water. It is a fantastic view.


6. On the bridge was a new sign, but I don’t know what it is this time. Last time when I was having luxurious lunch on board the cruiser, Sydney 2000, I saw a “hanger” there on the bridge.
I have captured some other photos of the fireworks display at Sydney from TV. They are relatively small because they all came from a small window at a corner of the TV screen.















1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Yes It is a apectacular display of firework which costs 5 million Australian dollars, this year's theme is "Creation".