Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel


Last time in the progamme “世界正美麗”, the lady “鴨子” at the top of a hill was pointing in the direction of a hotel called Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel (城堡飯店) below her.










This hotel is the most magnificent building at Banff, Alberta, Canada. It was built 120 years ago.
This is where the upper class of people lives. It looks like a castle or palace in the Middle Ages and is always the landmark of Banff. Every week, 20 to 30 thousands of people live in their 700 rooms, which have been booked half a year before.











Inside each room, there are usually a large comfortable bed, table-lamps, a coffee-maker, cups, glasses, an ice-box, wine glasses, a small wooden-table and chairs. The most disappointing thing to see is the out-dated TV set.




















The happiest thing to see is the beautiful mountain outside the windows. It seems that the mountain is inside a picture and the window is its frame.










6 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Who needs a TV set when you are looking at a picture of magnificient natural beauty?

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Thank you for all the informative photos which make us feel we were there already!

sswat3 said...

Thank you so much, Ho Keung and Yin Ping!

It is my honour to have you both read my blog so frequently.

小熊貓 Little Panda said...

Maybe the out-dated TV set is for preserving the historical feeling of the castle. But this is just my guess...

I have only seen the mountain view from the other side (i.e. from British Columbia). The place is called Whistler. I previously posted some pictures of Whistler on Facebook. If you are interested, I would invite you to take a look at some of the photos inside a folder called "British Columbia 2007" under my Facebook account.

sswat3 said...

Cecilia, I am eager to look at your folder of photos of the Castle Hotel from the side of British Columbia if you really invites to.

小熊貓 Little Panda said...

I didn't live in a hotel. I only went to Whistler for a day trip. The photos were all taken outdoors.

I realized that I didn't post too many photos of the mountains at Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12823&id=517727455&l=84b46ab874). I just posted a few extra photos of the mountains. Please feel free to look through them if you are interested in the scene.