Thursday, March 18, 2010

Discovery of Symbol of Tai Chi

A walk in the park at Shun Lee in an afternoon brought me to an open ground with the symbol of Tai Chi (太極). It is a big discovery for me because I have never walked about this park except to its nearby library.

Nobody was playing Tai Chi there in that afternoon. I guess there ought to be some people playing such Chinese Kungfu each morning.

The two colours in the symbol are black and white here. The design of the symbol is simple with two commas being "reflected" and "fused" together to form a big circle. Inside each comma is a small circle.

I wonder if whoever stands on this piece of ground can play better Tai Chi than in other places.

Notice that the mountain far behind this symbol is Fei Ngo Shan (飛鵝山). I hope that this big symbol can bring strength to the people living nearby.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

People say Fei Ngo Shan has brought humidity to this side of the mountain instead. We remembered that every year in March to April or so it was so humid that the apartment walls were sweating. Those who suffered from rheumatism also had a bad time.