Tuesday, March 16, 2010

FIFA World Cup, South Africa, 2010


In the coming World Cup Soccer, 2010, the 32 countries which can enter the Games are divided into 8 groups, having 4 teams in each group.

Group A: South Africa/Mexico/Uruguay/France
Group B: Argentina/Nigeria/South Korea/Greece
Group C: England/U.S.A./Algeria/Solvenia(斯洛文尼亞)
Group D: Germany/Australia/Serbia(塞爾維亞)/Ghana
Group E: Holland/Denmark/Japan/Cameroon
Group F: Italy/Paraguay/New Zealand/Slovakia(斯洛伐克)
Group G: Brazil/North Korea/Cote D’ivoire (科特迪瓦) i.e. Ivory Coast/Portugal
Group H: Spain/Switzerland/Honduras(洪都拉斯)/Chile

There are 48 preliminary matches, 6 in each group. The first preliminary game started on June 11th and the last will be on June 26th.

In the Round of 16, 8 teams will go for the Quarter-finals, then 4 will go into the Semi-finals and two will play the Finals. There is still a game for finding out the Third.

The Final will be played on July 12th.

5 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Which country do you want to support?

sswat3 said...

It is hard to say. I shall support Spain this time. No doubt, Brazil is a strong team anyway.

sswat3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Is there any particular resson that you want to be a Spanish fan? For me I certainly support Australia, ndat. As for watching the matches SBS in Australia will broadcast all matches involving Australia. SBS is a free-to-air channel, no cost. However, I think Australia will not progress to the next stage therefore will only appear at the start of the tournement, which means when we are in HK 15-25 June I have no way to watch those matches! But, still, I hope that Australia will progress to the next stage(s) so that it can still appear when we gto back to Australia. This is a wild wish though!!

sswat3 said...

I was inspired by the Spanish team some years ago in their matches played in the FIFA World Cup. Not only they were skilful, but they were also like bullfighters.

The team may not win this time, but I hope so!