Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Stir-up in a crowd

The satisfaction of seeing such a large passenger ship at Stanley Park like Zuiderdam was great to me. I hurried back to the car-park where everybody in Philip’s car was waiting for me. Suddenly a number of some small animals stirred up a crowd of tourists behind me.

I turned round and saw a few lovely furry raccoons (浣熊) with sizes of domestic cats lining up alongside the footpath, looking as if they were welcoming the tourists. I guessed they were waiting for the tourists to feed them with food. They seemed very friendly to people and not a bit timid.I believed they were used to meeting people every day in the Park.

The faces of raccoons are funny-looking. Their bushy ringed tails swayed as they followed the tourists along the path. I did admire their agility and friendly manner.

I was happy at Prospect Point because:
[1] I could see and take photos of the Lions Gate Bridge from high ground.
[2] seeing such a large passenger ship to Alaska is quite rewarding.
[3] I never expected to meet such interesting raccoons so closely.