Friday, June 18, 2010

Disappointing Soccer Matches in the First round

It is this soccer that makes the World crazy these days. Soccer fans support their favourite teams. I am not an exception. This year I support the Spanish team. They showed their skill in 2006, but unfortunately they could not enter the finals.

In the first tournament, the Spanish team lost the match to Switzerland by 1 goal. I felt as if a pail of cold water had been poured onto my head. How depressed did I feel!

The soccer is made in China. Football players say that it is light and so it is likely that the ball will fly over the goal instead of going into it. If the players cannot get used to the nature and weight of the soccer, obviously they will miss the ball when passing or lose control when they strike at it.

Looking at the first round of matches, I find that most of matches are in low scores. The average number of goals is 25/16 which is 1.56.

Group A: South Africa – Mexico 1 : 1 ; Uruguay – France 0 : 0
Group B: South Korea – Greece 2 : 0 ; Argentina – Nigeria 1 : 0
Group C: England – U.S.A. 1 : 1 ; Algeria – Solvenia 0 : 1
Group D: Serbia – Ghana 0 : 1 ; Germany – Australia 4 : 0
Group E: Holland – Denmark 2 : 0 ; Japan – Cameroon 1 : 0
Group F: Italy – Paraguay 1 : 1 ; New Zealand – Slovakia 1 : 1
Group G: Ivory Coast – Portugal 0 : 0 ; Brazil – North Korea 2 : 1
Group H: Honduras – Chile 0 : 1 ; Spain – Switzerland 0 : 1

I believe the matches in the second round will be more exciting. Some teams will fight for a Win, or otherwise they will leave South Africa.