Thanks to these fishing boats and fishermen that bring and sell seafood to the tourists at Steveston. The names of these boats “Jalun River”, “Bold Venture”, “Seldom Come By”, “Judy N” and “Neon Moon” appear very interesting. They park at the pier so that tourists can pick and buy the seafood they like .I remember that our late CCSC supervisor, Mr. Cheung Yok Lun, owned a large luxurious boat called “Senorita” (金枝玉葉). The word “Senorita” means “a Spanish maid” (未婚的西班牙小姐).
Each summer, he used to invite the teachers of CCSC to a launch picnic so that the teachers could get to know one another well. The destinations were usually the waters around Clear Water Bay, south of Sai Kung. Afternoon tea and buffet dinner were served.
Through such launch gatherings in those early years at CCSC, the teachers became very good friends. Thanks to our supervisor, Mr. Cheung, who aroused our morale in teaching and team spirits in everything at school. His hospitality, generosity and love of CCSC should be praised!
2 comments:
I joined the launch party as a new teacher in July 1973, WELL BEFORE I started teaching at CCSC in September. So on my very first day at CCSC I already knew you, TS Fung, Ng Cheng Wo, etc etc, and practically everybody.
From then on, I knew that you were a Coca-cola fan, a photographer and a Biologist.
Post a Comment