Being a Ten-day supply teacher recently at CCSC, I enjoyed teaching this Secondary One class of thirty-seven students.I was at first given 11 Mathematics lessons with this S1C class, but one was used for a test. Another two were lost because of school assembly. Original lessons of 40 minutes each were cut short by 10 minutes on long days and 5 minutes on short days because summer time-table was in force on the third day of my arrival. Under such adverse conditions, teaching Mathematics was not fun. “Rush, rush and rush” sounded in my ears every minute.
In my impression, my new students here are well-behaved, attentive, polite and eager to learn. Their virtues are in concentration and attentiveness during class.
I feel that they all have the same goal of learning something new from their teachers.
I do hope these happy and clever students of S1C will become learned and useful young people of Hong Kong in future.
A little girl of this class, Ida Wong, the subject coordinator, came to see and report to me early in the morning of May 17. I admired her bravery to go and see a teacher whom she had never met before. Ida is nice. Not only she is responsible, she shows her sincerity to me. She brings exercise books to me and helps me deal with the entries to Mathematics Competition organized by an Australian University in summer.
I took photos of my S1C class because I loved to see them being so colourful in their P.E. uniforms. In some schools in Hong Kong such as Maryknoll Convent School and Marymount Primary School, the students have summer school uniforms in two colours, light blue and light orange. They are free to wear uniforms of either colour to school. The two colours match well indeed in class. I think the teachers of these school are light-hearted when they see a different colourful pattern made by students each day.
In my last lesson with this class, Martin Tse, sitting at the front row was so polite as to say “thank you” to me during the time when the monitor and monitress were distributing my gifts of biscuits to them.
Click photo to enlarge it!
3 comments:
BTW, I like their colorful sports T-shirts. They look much better than those in the 1990s.
Sure! I have the same idea!
Good teacher and good students
Post a Comment