We woke up early on Saturday morning, April 22nd. It was sad to leave
Our luggage was packed the night before. It ought to be heavier because we had bought home some key-chains, T-shirts, golf balls (souvenirs), ball-pens, a pictorial map of San Francisco, a toy rugby ball and a toy basketball, post-cards, coasters, some fifty U.S. coins and two bottles of wine given by Felix.
Connie showed us her manicure on her finger nails the day before at Gladys’ home. She was going to be the bridesmaid at Gladys’ wedding to be held on Sunday.
Before Felix arrived, Roger was so kind to pick up Connie and drove her to Gladys’ home at
Felix came to Travelodge at about eight. We had to return the key of our room before we left the motel. Then Felix took us to a restaurant on
Soon we headed for the airport. Felix dropped us at the Departure floor. We once more used e-ticket to check-in, but learned that we the seat numbers would be confirmed later. This time our boarding passes had 4 “S” which Ken, our tourist guide told us before, would mean that we had been selected to receive a special inspection on everything. We had to stand inside a door-like booth and received X-rayed screening and later the contents of our hand-carried luggage had to be checked thoroughly under my supervision. The security guards wiped my cameras with some papers and they put the latter inside a machine for analysis. I believed they wanted to detect if there was any content of explosives. The search took about five to ten minutes before they signalled us to leave.
We waited for our seat arrangement before the counter to our departure gate. We had to wait for a long time for getting our seats arranged. It was a big relief that we could take the plane home at the last minute.
It was a long boring 14-hour journey home. The clock seemed to move very slowly. At times, I checked the locations of our plane and other information from the screen before me.
It was 6:30 p.m. when the plane landed at our airport in
3 comments:
Wat:
I have been reading the daily memoir of your stay in USA, San Francisco in particular, day after day and episode after episode.. I did not want (dare) to butt in with my comments, because that may interrupt your thoughts and recapitulation of events that took place exactly one year ago. Your account was so nicely detailed and organized. How could you remember things in such tiny details, like the name of the restaurants! Wow… Your memory power must be really amazingly good and admirable.
I saw that you have added a lot more photos to your original post. That's very nice, as they always one photo is better than 1000 words.
Thanks for bringing back and refreshing fond memories.
Felix
at San Francisco
It seems to you that I have good memories, but it is not true! To speak the truth, I carried a handy booklet along with me whenever I went out to different places in United States, Australia and Singapore. In case, the names of places were too long or too difficult to remember, I would then write them down. In addition to this, my camera helped me a lot. I could take down the scenes, names of shops and restaurants, people I met and so on. What I do each time when I write my blog is to thread everything I recorded together. That's it!
My power of writing is not so good as yours, but I believe I can write my blogs in simple English, easy for myself to write and people to read.
Thank you for reading my blog daily . You must have used some of your precious time in reading it.
I know that you are a busy person because each day you go to work, respond to many e-mails from your friends, past students and relatives, caring Glory and people at home, watering and nourishing plants in your garden or outside your house, have dinners with CCSC past students, friends, colleagues and relatives, to supermarkets, to various outings and sightseeing.
So you are fully-occupied each day and your life in the States are quite compact, joyous and meaningful. I really admire you!
It is always sad on the last day of a happy trip but we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay in USA with all the excitement of adventures and the warmth of friendship. It has enriched your life and leaved you with sweet memories. We hope this will make us realise more that lives are not the results of material evolution but a caring and loving God.
Post a Comment