Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sunbathing equals Sunburnt

To me, sunbathing results in sunburnt. When I was in San Francisco last April, it was cool in the morning, dropping to about 10 degrees Celsius. The afternoon temperature went up to 20 degrees or more. I felt the heat of the sun when I reached Fisherman’s Wharf. In that two hours’ stroll about the street along the piers, the strong sunlight pierced my skin. I felt that my forehead was somehow painful, not inside of a headache, but outside on the skin. I did not expect the San Francisco sun to be so strong. Soon I became a red-foreheaded man.

Similar thing happened to me after eight months when I stood on Bondi Beach, Sydney, watching people sunbathing, swimming and surfing. I noticed that there was not a single tree at this beach. Winds were strong here so my hairs flied up high! Soon I felt the skin of my forehead burnt in the sun. I wonder why the people taking sunbathing on the soft sand here could bear the heat of the sun. They seemed to have lain for a long time and so peacefully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When it is windy and dry, usually you don't realise the sun is so powerful until you get sunburn. If you had stayed any more longer, you would have become a lobster!

People here have fair skin and they like to sunbath to achieve tan colour. 中國人是一白遮三醜,他們是要古銅色皮膚。我們一家的皮膚均非白淨,在這裡是物以罕為貴!