Monday, April 23, 2007

National Flags












The first U.S.A. flag I saw was at Los Angeles. When I first opened the window of our room in Wyndham Hotel and looked out, I saw a huge American Flag flying high across

the highway opposite to us. There was no doubt I was standing on U.S. soil. The feeling was good because it was the very first time my wife and I land on such a vast piece of continent to study the life of the Americans. I kept on seeing this flag at Disneyland .

In Australia, I first saw Australian National flag at the topmost part of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Actually I saw two, one on each side. Taking a closer look, I noticed the two flags were a little different. Perhaps Yin Ping and Ho Keung or any of my readers can tell me what they actually are. We again saw one at the New Parliament House at Canberra.

In Singapore, I could only see one of its National flags at the top of a beautiful classic building with colourful windows. Perhaps there were others flying, but I did not have a chance to see them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The way you display the flag photos makes them very attractive and eye capturing. It also reminds us that flags are important to their countries--a symbol of idenity as well as unity. Regarding the two flags on top of the Harbour Bridge, The one closer to us is the state flag of New South Wales which is our province. The one at the back is the national flag of the whole country. You are very maticulous in spotting the differences. Good on you.