Friday, October 24, 2008

Golden Gate Park

Felix took us around this rectangular-shaped park called Golden Gate Park on the first day my wife and I arrived at San Francisco on April 19th, 2006.

The first place we looked at was the Conservatory of Flowers. It looked classic, artistic and white in colour. It was closed on that day, otherwise I could have a look at the flowers inside. On a big lawn outside the Conservatory, some small flowers were growing .












The next place we went to was the Japanese Tea Garden. Inside we saw some typical Japanese-styled structures such as a tall, curved bridge and a small tower. We could not and dared not walk on the bridge because it was almost upright. Felix took a photo of my wife and I standing at the second lowest step.













On the other side of the park, there were small lakes, tall trees, paths, lawns for people to lie down and benches to sit on. People were enjoying their leisure in that late afternoon.


1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

It is a lovely lovely big big park.