Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Mirror in front of a road

Along the Kwun Tong By-pass(官塘繞道), this is the tall building that the road bends to avoid it.

I don’t know why it is built so close to this highway or vice versa. Many cars run on this by-pass every day. What I worry most is that when sunlight shines on its glass-walls, the reflection of light can be hazardous to the lives of the drivers on this road.

At the time I took this photo from the upper deck of a cross-harbour tunnel-bus, the mirror-like surfaces of the building reflected a greater part of the sky with clouds, a hill and tall and short buildings underneath.

One thing I have to mention here is that this building is not leaning at an angle like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It might be the fact that I could not keep my camera at a horizontal level at the moment of taking photos.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Like a giant from nowhere, it doesn't look in harmony with the surrounding environment.