Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Big Fire at Universal Studios, Hollywood



A big fire occurred near New York Street at Universal Studios in Los Angeles early at about 4 on Sunday morning, June 1st, 2008. The fire spread fast to other buildings. The Courthouse Square was also burnt. A total of 50 thousand films and videos were destroyed in the fire.

I took a photo of the Universal Studios high above from the Theme Park when my wife and I had our tour in Los Angeles in April, 2006.

From TV yesterday, I saw the large studio with a white ceiling (in the centre left of my photo) burning fiercely.
Parts of the ceiling collapsed
and heavy black smoke rose to a great height. What a sad sight!

The small photos showed the beautiful houses I saw during our tour round the streets at different filming sites. They were all swept out by this big fire. How depressing for wife and me and those who have been there before to see such a beautiful place turned into ashes.