It reminds me of a film called “Shangrila”. The view I saw in the film was like the one here. Climbing over the mountain, one could find a quiet, peaceful and beautiful village. The people there lived on their own. They grew crops and made things by themselves. They did not worry nor they had to rush here and there to complete their jobs. There were no competition, no jealousy, no conflicts and wars.
Life is similar to me. I used to live in Kowloon Tong and had been working some thirty years of so on
Now, I do not have to worry about my children because they have grown up and found jobs they love. I do not have to break the walls of exercise books each day. I do not have to compete with time to finish the syllabus fixed. I do not have to type questions and draw diagrams for test and exam papers. They often occupy much of my time on the computer since I am quite ignorant in using it. It is easy to solve daily life problems such as meals here in Shatin. There are quite a number of restaurants and fast food shops near by. There are supermarkets close to us, so buying and carrying things home are not problems. Shatin can be my Shangrila!
1 comment:
Good to see you enjoy your retirement.
Post a Comment