Sunday, June 08, 2008

It’s a small world (小小世界)

Recently Hong Kong Disneyland has created an entertainment facility called “It’s a small world”.

I have been to Disneyland in Los Angeles and California Adventure (opposite to Disneyland) and experienced some of the games or entertainment facilities such as,

[1] Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (巴斯光年) , inside which my wife and I sat on a twin-seated car running on rails and with a gun, each of us shot at targets which when hit we would score some points. See the score I got in the second photo, 15300 points. Ha, Ha, I beat my wife’s record, 4100 points.

[2] Indiana Jones Adventure (奪寳奇兵), inside which again we sat on a car which travelled inside caves, swayed a lot, went up and down steep slopes and turned sharp corners. If we did not hold onto the handle tightly, we might fall off from our car when it jerked. My experience was that the rapid swaying of the car gave me and the other visitors the feeling of thrust forward, sideways and sudden stops inside caves.

[3] Haunted Mansion (鬼屋), inside which we sat in cars that moved about the scenes which was supposed one saw in a haunted house. For myself, I was not afraid because even if there were ghosts, I treated them as “electronic” devices or robots only. I did not know what my wife felt at that time, but I thought she might have accepted the scenes too. Her face did not look pale when she came out of the “mansion”.

There ought to be also a “It’s a small world” in Disneyland in Los Angeles, but we did not have time to go there.

Looking at the advertisement here, I guess it may be a copy of the one in Los Angeles to Hong Kong. The big difference was that the elements inside may be changed.

I have never been to Hong Kong Disneyland before, but here I guess what I shall see inside:

The visitors will sit in boats which bring them along a waterway, on both sides of which are dolls wearing the national costumes of different countries with the famous buildings, sight-seeing spots and landmarks in miniatures of the respective countries behind them. During the journey inside "It's a small world", music will be played.

My elder brother has sent me an e-mail with an attachment which I can visit the web-page promoting "It's a small world". After the seeing the short film provided, my impression is that it should be called "It's a Dolls' World", totally tailor-made for Children.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Happy memory indeed. You and your wife 正是神槍手與智多星也。