Monday, May 18, 2009

My Aces (5)

Yesterday was the wedding day of Lydia and Bernard. They are both students of CCSC.
I am really happy to see this young couple turn from lovers to husband and wife. Lydia Lai was a brilliant student whom I taught her Mathematics, probably when she was in Form 2 or 3. As far as I know, Lydia has become a medical doctor and she is serving us in our community.

For Bernard, I regret that I have not taught him before, but he proves himself a very smart student.

He joined our teaching force of CCSC in September 2004. He sat next to me and taught Mathematics too. We exchange conversation at times. He is really hard-working and corrects his students’ work in detail. From my observation, I am certain he is a good teacher and able to mobilize students to work best in Mathematics problems.

To my surprise, I found Rowena Lai sitting at the reception table when I arrived at Langham Place. I have been playing Lexulous (similar to Scrabble) with Rowena in Facebook recently but the game never ends because she is always busy with work. A question suddenly flashed across my mind. “Would Rowena be the sister of Lydia?”

My feet turned me back to the reception table. The answer was: Rowena is the elder sister of Lydia. I am never aware of this linkage of “sisters” until yesterday.

Rowena kept her promise she made at the reception table that she would come to talk with me in the midst of the dinner.

At one time, I went to the public convenience, returned and sat at my chair. I suddenly found Rowena sit beside me. How happy had I a chance to see and chat with her for a while instead of our playing “Lexulous” through computers for days and weeks for just a game.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Congratulations to your former bright students.