Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dome, Dome, Dome

This dome is very different from that of the United States Capitol at Washington DC and the one at Sacramento because it is specially decorated with Gold or something which looks like Gold.

No doubt it is a Government House, the San Francisco City Hall. My old colleague, Felix Ching, gives me the outside look of this solemn building while I got the interior look at the time my wife and I visited it in April 2006.














One may wondered why I did not take a photo of this building from a far distance. Well, my student, Roger Chan, drove us there and parked his car at the roadside near it. I did not bother to cross the road to take the photo of this building from a far distance. We just walked up a few footsteps and just got inside. Once inside every visitor had to pass a security check before he/she walked about the interior. I think on that day we entered the building from its back side. What Felix brings me from his photo is the front view of the building with a big square before it.

Here are the "United photos" of San Francisco City Hall from two teachers.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

It is a beautifully crafted and elegant building, you must have enjoyed your experience there.