Friday, December 14, 2007

Looking at Australia from Shatin




Previously in my blog, I have shown a photo with metallic hands holding the Earth in the daytime. This time, I wanted to see how it looked at night.

By the spotlights below, this sculpture looked shiny and golden.





I walked around it and found the piece of the Southern Continent I had set foot on, Australia. Last time, I looked at it on the globe at Canberra. Now this time I looked at it at Shatin. The continent here looked like a piece of ginger with a shoot growing up on the right. The shape of the continent here is not so detailed as that at the Captain Cook Memorial at Canberra, but it was simple enough for recognition.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

The title is very attractive to us. The sculpture is beautiful at night time as well. Good on you to do the adventure.

Australia seemed distant to us until we set foot on it to make it our home, a place for our family's mission. After all these years we find that it is also a mission from God for our family.

You are very welcome to visit Australia and be our guests(with family)again.