It was a usual practice for me to cut the pieces out with a pair of scissors, then apply a cutting blade lightly over the dotted lines which, when folded, form the creases (摺痕) and finally stick those loose pieces together with adhesive glue called OK Glue. The satisfaction came when the Paper model was completed.
As I grew up, I bought boxes of models made of plastics toy shops instead. They were quite expensive. Again, jet-fighters, bombers, warships like destroyers, even air-craft carriers were my favourite toys to assemble.
Yesterday, my sister-in-law gave me a paper Christmas tree. She said it was a free gift from a newspaper called Apple Daily. She did not bother to make it herself. She believes I could make it. I promised her to make it for her and post it up in my blog.
Here it is in the photo. The Paper Christmas tree is made from three triangular surfaces with tiny decorations inserted into their slots. It stands upright on the floor with the help of a little glue. There is a fireplace on one of its walls. More attractive are the Christmas presents and Christmas cards placed near it.
I did not really make the Paper Christmas tree because this morning my wife found much interest in doing it for me and sister-in-law. Thanks for my wife’s efforts, but I am sure I can bring the Christmas tree to life as well as she did.
1 comment:
It is a nice Christmas tree with interesting decorations.
Post a Comment