Monday, April 06, 2009

Dora

Having heard two weeks ago that Abby likes to see the new cartoon figure, “Dora” in TV, my wife and I at once searched for “her” from the Internet. It did not take long for us to find her lovely face. I photographed “her” in my mind and we began to search for “her” on any of the articles from shops or department stores that we suspected her to appear. Not until one night last week, I discovered her on a small towel displayed on a temporary stall at City One. This feeling suddenly came to me: 踏破鐵鞋無覓處,得來全不費功夫。How happy I was at that time! In actual practice, my shoes had not been worn out yet.

Do you know why the “Dora” on this towel is so impressive to me? I have seen a photo of Abby wearing her small pink bag, having returned from her pre-school lessons, accompanied by Philip. Connie said that she was the photographer of that photo. Abby looks 95% like the “Dora” on the towel. The remaining 5% was deducted for clothing. Dora wears a “T “shirt and shorts while Abby wore heavy coats while she was walking on snow home.

Recently, we showed the towel to Abby through "Skype" and asked her for the name of the little girl on the towel? She immediately exclaimed, "Dora" because she knows her well.

What did Abby say to us next? She was so clever to say, "Thank you". I guessed she supposed the towel to be a "Gift" to her. We said, " Bravo, you are so smart. It is for you."

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Abby is clever and smart enough to know that Kung Kung loves gifting her. It is a time of 皆大歡喜.