Monday, December 31, 2007

Sydney Harbour Bridge 2006

This is my 365th article. That means I have written almost a year. I did not start writing my blog on January 1st, but on those days when I was back from Singapore. These 365 articles can fill each day of the year 2007. I hope I can still write on!

It was December 27th last year. Our launch ship, Sydney 2000 carried us around the waters of the Sydney Harbour. When it was approaching the bridge, I saw a very large “Hanger” on its steel bars. Funny enough I did not ask for the reason from Ho Keung and Yin Ping. They might have told me about the reason why the “Hanger” should be there, but I did not listen at that time.

What is going to be displayed up there on the bridge this year?

3 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Congratulations on your achievement! As a Sydneysider we feel privileged to have the theme of your 365th article on the Sydney Harbour and the Harbour Bridge.

The Harbour Bridge, which was built over the world's most beautiful harbour, was opened in 1932. It is nicknamed "coat-hanger" for its shape. 2007 is its 75th (diamond) anniversary. The coat-hanger motif you saw on the Bridge is in preparation for the firework displays in New Year's eve, together with a diamond emblem.

The fireworks for this year has the motif of a hour-glass, for the theme is " The time of our lives ".

Happy New Year to you, your family and everyone in the Wat's writings community.

Unknown said...

At the time of writing, we are now at 05:30 AM on January 1, 2008 on this side of globe.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL.

sswat3 said...

Thank you, Felix. It is still early in the morning. I guess you don't have to go to work today.

Joanna may be too shy to give me a call. Simply ask her to write an e-mail to me instead! An e-mail is simpler than a phone call!

Happy New Year to you, Audrey and everybody at home and Joanna in Hong Kong too!