Saturday, January 05, 2008

Imitations

Scientists take the shape of a whale to be the shape of a submarine because of its stream-line. Aircraft designers make their planes look like birds with wings stretching out and bats for “invisible” planes.

Men find the virtue of camouflage from animals and insects as a protection for themselves in warfare. As a result, uniforms of soldiers, tanks, planes or weapons are in colours similar to the surrounding environment so that they are well-protected.

Babies learn by imitating the actions of the adults. They imitate sounds too. That’s how they learn to speak.

I find this advertisement very comfortable to look at. The chair seems to be very comfortable, but, sure enough it is expensive. The poses of the ladies and the man are elegant. I don’t know if they are performing Yoga or not.

One thing that I can find here is the harmony between the chair + stool and the poses of the people behind. They match so well here.

Which imitates which? The design of the chairs and stool imitates the poses of those people behind or the other way round. I guess the chance of the latter case is higher.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

We agree with you regarding your guess.

Clever people imitate nature for their inventions. God is super-clever.