What you can see here is the dark brown Chocolate Birthday Cake Connie baked for me yesterday. Connie decorated the cake with those worm-like sugar-lets.
It looked like a Christmas Cake more than a Birthday Cake because there were no cream, no fruit nor candles. Philip took a photo of me cutting the cake with Abby and Connie next to me. Where were Tony and my wife? Well, they were occupied in their activities.
The third photo shows how thick the cake was. Abby was given about one hundredth of the cake to eat, which was equivalent to two to three lumps of the cake. The reason was simple enough. Dinner was ready at that time and Abby had to leave room for her vegetables, fish and rice.
The taste of the cake is similar to those “Garden” bar-like chocolate cakes (嘉頓朱古力雪芳蛋糕) sold in supermarkets, a thousand times less sweet than those American-style chocolate cakes.
The cake is not sweet to taste, but, in my heart, it is really very sweet. It is because it was made by my daughter on my birthday.
8 comments:
The Cake is for your birthday?
(singing...)
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to Wat Sir...
Happy Birthday to you.
My best B-day wishes to you, Wat.
...
ps. One more year older now, huh? (haha ;-)
Thank you, Felix!
I will be happy for the whole year with your B-day wishes.
Please excuse us for our belated congratulations on your birthday, you must have had a sweet and wonderful day already. May the sweetness in your heart stays all the time.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
HAPPY EVERYDAY.
Thank you, Ho Keung and Yin Ping!
Your reading my blog and writing comments make me feel happy every day.
I believe I have many happy days ahead!
Congra! Happy Belated Birthday!
Best wishes,
Dik and Daisy
Thank you, Dik and Daisy.
Next year, see if I can taste a Singaporean birthday cake.
No problem, would you like to try "Black pepper cake"!
Connie: your "love" cake must give a very happy birthday to your dad. BRILLIANT! :)
Daisy, Black pepper is Too hot (太辛辣) for me. I guess I have to drink a lot of water at the same time when I eat it.
Can there be any less hot cake for all of us?
Post a Comment