I was lucky enough to find a vacant parking space in a side street behind the hotel for my car. My wife and I began to watch out for Felix. It was around half past ten that I suddenly saw Felix walking on the opposite side of the street where we were waiting. I rushed at him and he told me that Audrey was looking after their luggage while he went around to find me.
I guessed they would be hungry by that time, so I suggested them to get inside a nearby restaurant to take a simple breakfast. After feeding them, I drove them to Miramar Hotel in Tsimhatsui. On reaching the hotel, Felix gave me some Chinese ham as a gift.
Next I drove home, parked my car and went back by train to meet Felix, Audrey, Miss Ng and my wife at Tsimshatsui and walked to the restaurant which Miss Ng usually went to. It was the happiest moment of all having lunch with this old colleague of mine and his wife in
3 comments:
Your good memory about the date indicates the deep friendship between you guys.
The low visibility across the Harbor really surprised me.
Before I left HK in the early 1990s, the harbor had been much clearer.
I know that air pollution is a universal problem all over the world, but couldn't have imagined it could be so "foggy" over Victoria Harbor.
So far the sky of Hong Kong is often polluted by the waste gases from the factories in the Pearl River Delta.
The chance of taking a good photo of the Victoria Harbour from the Peak becomes lower and lower.
We have to wait for those days when winds blow from the south (sea) towards Hong Kong so that we can take clear photos then.
Post a Comment