Monday, May 26, 2008

Indiana Jones (The Kingdom of Crystal Skull)

Yesterday we went to see this film because the bank we are using had given us 4 tickets. Before we entered AMC cinema at Festival Walk, we were each given a packet of pop-corns, a drink and a packet of moist tissue-paper.

The film was about a story of Indiana Jones who was bought to a restricted military base on U. S. soil by some Russian military forces in 1957. He could escape from the scene and reached a test-site for Atomic Bomb where he carelessly ignited the bomb. It was incredible that he could save his life by hiding inside a refrigerator.

Back to the university, this professor, Indiana Jones met a young lad (who was actually his son). The latter asked him to save his mother. They were to travel to Peru by plane. They began to explore the old ruins where they saw some skeletons. The Russians were able to track and capture them. At the Russian camp, Indiana Jones met his former lover who was the mother of the young lad. The Russians had got a Crystal Skull already. They wanted Indiana Jones to find the way for them to have the treasure hunt. On the way through the jungle, Indiana Jones with the help of his lover, son and two other men, escaped from the Russians. They were miraculously unharmed after three vertical drops down three waterfalls because their truck was water-borne.

Finally they were successful in reaching the site inside a hall surrounded by chambers of rocks, full of treasure and a ring of crystal skeletons sitting on chairs. At that time the Russians arrived. When the lady commander fitted back the crystal skull to its original place, the cave shook and everything fell down. Indiana Jones and his parties escaped from the site except one man and were able to see that these skulls and skeletons turned into ET who returned to space by their huge flying saucer.

To me, this film is a mixture of a treasure hunt, a display of skeletons, fighting, in-and-out caves, dangerous escapes and meeting of ETs.

During the film, the packet of pop-corns had already fed me up. I believed I would not eat pop-corns again for another year. I was too full of those stuffs. Luckily our bank provides us with free tickets once a year. I remember last time we watched “Pirates of The Caribbean – Dead Man’s Chest” at the same theatre which provided us with the same kind of pop-corns and drinks.

4 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Wow, now you're telling us that you are a banker, or at least you own a bank. However, I think that your bank is too mean.... only 4 cinema tickets a year? Do you know that one of the Australian banks here pays its CEO A$24 million a year, plus bonus!!
.
.
Alright, back to the movie..
I like Indiana Jones movies, the previous all three of them. I like its medium violence and humour. That is something like Jackie Chan's. Your description of the Crystal Skull was quite in detail and I appreciate your memory capability, or at least the film was not a boring one....
.
.
Mnnnn, now I am thinking if I still will watch the movie or not....coz I know the whole story already.. Ok, don't worry, I still will watch it because I often watch same movie more than one time, yes, the movies which I like.
.
.
K

sswat3 said...

Sorry to mislead you that I am a banker. I am just a bank-user. That's it!

Will this film be on in Australia in these few days?

What will be the cost of each ticket to a film-show on your side?

In Hong Kong, I learn that at AMC, Festival Walk, each ticket to this film-show, Indiana Jones - The Kingdom of Crystal Skull, sells 65 dollars.

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Yes it is on show in Australia now. I am rarely see movies at a cinema, but I know that a ticket usually between $A15-16, with Tuesdays a bargain, about $A8 something. Not cheap !
.
.
K.

sswat3 said...

Wow, watching a film in a cinema in Australia can be as much as A$15 to 16 (which is equivalent to HK$112.5 to HK$120).

Well, you better go to watch a film on a Tuesday. It costs about A$8 (which is equivalent to HK$60). In similar manner, the cinema tickets in Hong Kong are cheaper on one particular weekday. Moreover, the prices of film-shows differ at different times of a day!