The weight of this giant Chiq Qua (節瓜) reached 1.22 Kg (equivalent to 2.684 lbs).
I guess the happy couple would consider this healthy green product from their garden as a “New-born Baby”. I know, but have not seen a first-born baby being weighed in a hospital.
After the Chiq Qua was sliced up, it appeared white in colour. It was a good sign because if it was bad, the colour ought to be yellow or brown or black, the worst.
I don’t know what dish Yin Ping had made from this big vegetable, but I believe it could be very delicious.
Please refer to the photos in my article, “Our First Chiq Qua”, on April 19th. Just click the green words“April 2008” archive and you can find it.
1 comment:
The beauty is we didn't make any effort to grow this organic Chiq Qua apart from the initial planting of seedlings.
Yin Ping had cooked 節瓜粉絲蝦球煲,oh dear, the Taiwan 粉絲was so saggy!
Post a Comment