Sunday, May 04, 2008

Felix’s visit in Hong Kong, 2006 (3)

It was time for Felix and Audrey to take a short break and returned to their hotel to take a rest or somehow a shower if time allowed before we went to meet our CCSC colleagues at a restaurant in Wanchai.

Connie, my wife and I accompanied Felix and Audrey back to Miramar Hotel. Their room was quite luxurious. They washed a little and changed clothes while we sat at the arm-chairs chatting with either one of them.

Connie and wife would have to leave us because they were not going to join our reunion dinner.

I took the lead, taking Felix and Audrey into a MTR train heading for Admiralty and another train to Wanchai. Within half an hour, we met our colleagues at the restaurant. Felix was most happy to shake hands, hug and talk with them. A lot of photos were taken and Felix went round the tables to greet everyone and shared his life in the U.S. with us. Actually Felix had been away from Hong Kong for 15 long years. Obviously this gathering brought everyone high spirits and a good memory of meeting this “Star” of CCSC!

3 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Wow, such a big group of people! Happy reunion, precious photos.

Unknown said...

The dinner was certainly memorable. Big group of people for sure. What's more, is that many of them who came to the party I had not seen for 20 or 30 years -- from the 1970s.

I would like to say a special big thank-you to Mag for her indispensible help. Without her efforts we could not have gathered together so many people into one single reunion that's so special.

I was so glad to see that everybody was keeping well, healthy and high-spirited. Once again I was able to make some old jokes again with Mr Yam and Mr Lui... those little jokes we enjoyed so much at lunch time in the Staff Room... just like "yesterday".

I would like to thank Wong Wai Bong, and Lau Kam Chuen, for taking photos and videos, and capturing those precious moments. Believe me, now 2 years after the visit, I still bring up and view the pictures every now and then, and reminisce on that occasion....

sswat3 said...

This simply proves that you have made a great number of good friends in Hong Kong whose hearts often carry your image.

There ought to be endless topics they would like to talk with you that night, but time did not allow them to. Maybe they have to wait for another time.