Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Felix’s Visit in Hong Kong 2006 (6)

Around 3:15 p.m., Felix and Audrey, Miss Ng, my wife and I were to meet in Tsimshatsui. Together we went to an optician’s where Felix got his pairs of spectacles.

There we stayed for more than half an hour. Since it was quite hot outside and still early, we went to a nearby restaurant to have afternoon tea. We ordered some dishes of light food and drinks and chatted for some time.

Later we took an MTR train to Kowloon Tong and went through Festival Walk. Coming out of this shopping centre, I took a photo of this U.S. couple. I did not notice when and where Felix bought a can of drink for himself. Perhaps the drink would somehow drive the heat from him.

Felix, Audrey and Miss Ng would go to meet some CCSC old students who earlier invited Felix, through e-mails, to attend their reunion dinner. Since my wife and I were not on the invitation list to the dinner, we just accompanied them to Yau Yat Chuen Club-house.

It was a nice walk from Kowloon Tong to Yau Yat Chuen. On the way, we met Miss Fok’s brother, Fok Wai Shing, who was going to attend the dinner too.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my god, in just a couple days you (Wat) have written so many passages about my visit to HK exactly two years ago. Thank you so much.

Yeah two years ago -- and those 72 hours of stay in HK is absolutely the highlight of my entire trip to China and HK. I was so very excited and emotional to be able to re-visit HK, after having been away for 15 years. It's the place where I was born, brought up as a kid, and worked together with you guys day in day out for 18 years at CCSC.

Wat, you are wonderful for bringing back to me once again all those nice moments. It is almost unbelievable that your recapitulation of those 3 days was done in so much details and with such remarkable accuracy.

I read through your accounts in one go and this is my first reaction to it. Thank you.

Unknown said...

I bought the can of soda from a shop in the MTR station (maybe TVB center -- is there one? Anyway, it sells TV magazines and snacks). I knew it was going to be hot when we get out of the station, so better get prepared.

Unknown said...

The dinner with the students were also just great. The majority of them were from the same class (5B) names like Man Kam Yin, Koo Tak Ming, Siu Man Wai, Chung Chak Man, Diana Chan (Not the Mrs Chan), and a few from 5A (such as Tang Yuet Kiu) and 5C (like Yan Ming Yuk). They graduated almost 30 years ago and have been keeping contact. The first five years or so right after graduation, they visited me every year at Chinese New Year -- until I got married and moved.

sswat3 said...

Over 100 of my students find me in Facebook and invite me to be their friends. I am glad to see them and have written messages to them. They are sincere and show respect to me. Some even thank my teaching them.
One girl can even quote the subject matters she learned in my Maths lessons. She was greatly impressed by the methods of solving three simultaneous equations in Algebra for three unknowns.

I cannot image how "great" the influence I had given to my students.

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Wow, it is a blessing to be able to see the fruit of your labour.