Sunday, March 18, 2007

River scene at Ching Ming (清明上河圖)




It was at eight-thirty on March 13th, 2007. On the return journey from Lamma Island, we went ashore at Tsimshatsui Public Pier Unexpectedly, we faced a vivid street scene of a Chinese village near a river at Ching Ming before the Cultural Centre. The people, cows, carts, houses and boats were lighted up.

My wife told me that she learned such a display in the newspaper before. Several visitors were taking photos there.

Before I took my first photo, someone invited me to take a group photo of him and his friends. Of course I was delighted to. Next I took a few shots. Here are three of them!

6 comments:

Hong Lit said...

三叔…其實你係咪每日都帶住相機出街架?

sswat3 said...

對啦!我的褲子左右各有一個直立袋,可以容納我的相機,手提電話...現在出街都會留意我的前後左右有沒有奇景出現,若有即抜出相機拍攝,否則景像一瞬即逝,大好機會也錯過了!

如果將來您在街上見一個中等身材男子,持著相機左拍拍,右拍拍的話,那個可能是我都未定!留意留意!

三叔

Hong Lit said...

其實可以考慮下買一部有影相功能既電話…咁就可以拎少一樣野出街啦!Vivianne用緊o個部 Sony Ericsson K800i 都幾好架!

Anonymous said...

" River scene at Ching Ming" is always a famous historical painting but we can not recall how it looks like. On reading your description about the display just now,we are compelled to search"清明上河圖" at Google and this magnificient long long art appeared before us! The artistic painting is so peaceful and yet so much full of life. I can't help thinking that God must have loved Chinese as well when He watches over all these landscapes as well as the people there. Thank you for your photos of the display which prompted us to look for the real thing.

Anonymous said...

" River scene at Ching Ming" is always a famous historical painting but we can not recall how it looks like. On reading your description about the display just now,we are compelled to search"清明上河圖" at Google and this magnificient long long art appeared before us! The artistic painting is so peaceful and yet so much full of life. I can't help thinking that God must have loved Chinese as well when He watches over all these landscapes as well as the people there. Thank you for your photos of the display which prompted us to look for the real thing.

sswat3 said...

I believe that the people who actually made these human figures and animals had spent a lot of time in turning the painting into a realistic scene.

One thing I should point out is that there was something wrong with the proportion to the actual heights of the bodies to those of the human figures here!