Sunday, March 04, 2007

UA planes








The plane we boarded to San Francisco was a Boeing 747. It was the first time for us to take such a big plane to a foreign country. It must be an old plane because a screen had to be pulled down so that films could be projected onto it. I was only interested in the information where the plane was, its altitude, its flying speed and the wind speed outside. The three films on show were old and dull. I did not even know any actor or actress in the casts. Maybe it was the purpose of the airline company to put everybody to sleep.

Flying in such long hours (11 hours) was like punishment. We were stiff from head to feet. We were told that we could stretch our legs and body by standing up or walk about, but I did not do this because I would block people’s viewing those “rubbish” films. It was nice to go to the toilet because it was an act of "double" relief.

Meals and drinks were served to us at different times of the day. The food was not as good as expected, but enough to fill the stomach of a stiff body. The air-hostesses were matured enough to be mothers. None of them looked like a beauty queen. The flight was not enjoyable to me at all because our seats were not at the windows.

The domestic flight from San Francisco to Los Angeles was better because the plane was a newer “Airbus” and it took only one hour. Of course no meal was served, but drinks. This time, I could sit at a window, but unfortunately what I could see outside were white clouds and rain. Another disappointment sank my heart to the bottom.

No comments: