Monday, March 05, 2007

Sausalito


It is a small fishing port to the north-east of Golden Gate in San Francisco with wooden piers at the edge of its shore and houses compactly built in rows up the hill on the other side. The lampposts, houses and shops bordering the road are old, but those houses higher up the hill are modern.

We arrived there at about half past ten on the morning of April 21, 2006. I was astonished to find several parking meters at the roadside. Luckily, Felix could find a parking space for his Honda. I left Felix to feed the meter because I did not have coins nor any card.

Felix took photos of me and wife in a small park at the roadside. It was strange to find a fountain and a statue of an elephant inside. Felix told me a story about it, but I had forgotten it already.

Soon we stood before some cafés and restaurants. Felix suggested to have a little food inside one of its cafés.

We sat down at a small table and made our choices of cakes and drinks. When the cakes arrived, Audrey was so quick-witted that she found some mould on one of the cakes. She took back the cake to the counter for change. I wondered why the waiter did not examine the cake before he handed it over to us! I believed that the cake should be stale for a day or two. My cup of milk tea was just ordinary to taste. Our milk tea in Hong Kong (大牌檔奶茶) could certainly beat it. During our stay in the café, I went alone into a gift shop to buy some souvenirs.

After such an impressive brunch, we went to the nearby piers to take a few pictures.

Next we left this small village and found our way to our next stop, the Muir Woods.

No comments: