Sunday, March 11, 2007

Transamerica Building








I chanced to see this building from a photo dated back to the year 1997. It was the shape of this extraordinary tall pyramid in United States that attracted me. Immediately I wrote an e-mail to Felix to find out its name. I did not take long to get the answer, “Transamerica!”

Felix once invited me to go to San Francisco to celebrate the wedding anniversary of my couple (Silver Jubilee) on Golden Gate Bridge. The idea was good, but I did not have that desire to do so.

It was not until 2006 that my wife and I could step on US soil to take a look at the Golden Gate Bridge from both ends and car-riding on it as well as looking at this mysterious Transamerica Building from Telegraph Hill and from a street called Greenwich. Although I never came close to this building, I was quite satisfied for being near to it. At least it was my landmark in San Francisco long before I went there!

No comments: