When Felix drove us to a winery called V. Sattui Winery (ever since 1885) at St. Helena on
To my disappointment, I could not see the scene of fully-riped grapes growing. Instead I could only find columns of branches of grape plants from which small leaves were beginning to grow. How amazing that fresh leaves and juicy grapes could later grow out of these brown dry-like branches! That is nature.
I like eating grapes, whether dry or fresh, but not drinking wine. This winery showed many different kinds of wine, but I had no interest at any of its bottles, so it was purely a visit to me.
"Where have all the grapes gone? Long time passing......." The answer is: “Gone to the wine refinery!” I hope I can see lovely bunches of grapes growing when I visit this winery next time!
5 comments:
Besides the wines at Sattui, perhaps you should also remember their very nice duck patte and cheese offered free for sampling in the tasting room. I like them very much and every time I bring some home.
Yes!With your reminder, Felix, I now remember that I did taste the snacks in the winery. That was why I did not feel too hungry at the Golden Harvest Restaurant (金園)later in the afternoon.
That restaurant really left a lot to be desired. Not surprising, since it is the only(?) one in the area. Perhaps that's why you didn't eat much. Sorry we couldn't find a better restaurant and we were hungry. ;-)
Just to add one more comment:
It is certainly true you didn't (couldn't) see the "green, red and purple grapes growing everywhere" because it was not harvesting season when you visited last April.
One more thing to note is that the grapes definitely do NOT look like those you see in the fruits section of the supermarket. The grapes for making wine have much smaller fruits.
Next time you are around for another Napa visit, come in harvest season and I will show you this. ;-)
The catalyst of my visit last April was Connie. Without her, I might not come so early or did not have the idea of coming.
I might have come at the wrong time because the small old grapes at the winery were gone already and the new ones had not yet grown out.
The security checks at different US airports are so minute that they will put off the ideas of visiting US of many people in the world!
Post a Comment