Friday, March 02, 2007

“Where is MID?”

This was where I was asked by a young girl the way to MID? I know where AIA is in Hong Kong, but I didn’t know where MID was in Singapore.

I said politely to her,“ Sorry, I don’t know!” I could not ask her back, “What is MID?”

I would be embarrassed if I told her that I was a tourist from Hong Kong and that I, myself, was using a map to find out where I was. At that time, I asked myself, “Do I look like a Malay or Singaporean or a person who knows the way?” I watched her walk away.

I stayed at the crossroads there for some while because I wanted to take a photo of as many taxis that I could. There were many colours for taxis, yellow, red, blue, silvery and multi-colours. The big difference between Hong Kong taxis and Singapore ones is when the latter have passengers on board in the night-time, the light at their tops would be on!

In this photo, there are different modern private cars, a double-deckered bus, cargo vans, lorries and a motor-bike. There were “red light” cameras there similar to those in Hong Kong.

5 comments:

v said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
v said...

Oh, it doesn't matter, Uncle 3.... my experience was much worse than yours, I was asked by a Filipino IN Tagalog. -_-!!

Hong Lit said...

So, did you finally find out what is MID? Maybe we can ask Dik to find out for us.

Ah... I saw there's a newest model of Audi TT in your photo! Looks cool~

sswat3 said...

Lit, you have trendy thoughts in cars! What I am now driving is a ten-year old Ford Laser!

Audi TT... Is that silver one with several circles as its brand?

Hong Lit said...

Yes, that's the one!

By the way, my father is also driving a ten-year old Toyota Corolla! :P